Last updated: May 11th, 2021
SkillUp works with a network of partners to provide our Services to users. (See a list of our current partners).
I. What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following types of information about you which are described in more detail below:
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information We May Automatically Collect About You
- Information We May Receive from Third Parties (including our Partners)
Please note that you do not need to tell us who you are or offer any personal information in order to access our Website and Services.
All of the information listed in the sections below (Sections (A) through (C)) combined are defined and referred to as “Information.” For more information on the processing purposes, see the How Do We Use Your Information section below.
A. Information You Provide to Us
In using our Website, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Your legal name (first and last name);
- Email address;
- Zip code;
- Telephone number;
- Employment information, including your title and organization;
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Instagram handle and profile picture;
- Facebook name and profile;
- Demographic information you choose to provide such as age and gender;
- Testimonial or survey information you voluntarily provide; and/or
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
B. Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Website may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us design our Website to better suit our users’ needs.
1. Information About You
Information about you that is collected automatically may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
- Domain server or Device ID from which you are using our Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services; and
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information.
2. Cookies & Technologies Used to Collect Information About You
We may collect the above Information directly and through the use of third parties. We collect this Information by using certain technologies, such as cookies, flash cookies, application program interfaces, web beacons, pixels, tags, and other technologies. Definitions for some of the tracking technologies listed are available below. Third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also view, edit, or set their own cookies or utilize their own tracking technologies.
- What Are Web Beacons? Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Website may use retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook, and other ad networks. We may also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
- What Are Embedded Scripts? An embedded script is programming code designed to collect Information about your use of the Website included in our Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded to your computer from our web server or a third-party provider, is active only while you are connected to the website and is deactivated or deleted once you leave the website.
C. Information We May Receive from Third Parties (Including Our Partners)
To provide our Website and the Services, we may receive Information from our third-party partners to assist in providing our Services or to provide you with an opportunity to opt-in to services provided by our third-party partners. See a list of our current partners here: https://www.skillup.org/partners/.
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube (“Social Media Platforms”), in accordance with your privacy settings on those Social Media Platforms, and/or sources providing publicly-available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide our Services to you.
With your consent, we may access Information including, but not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
II. How Do We Use Your Information?
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information for purposes that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the Website and information you request;
- To process your profile when you register for an account;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email or text messages, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To provide you with personalized career recommendations;
- To provide information regarding job opportunities (via email and phone);
- To fulfill contracts we have with you;
- To maintain, improve, analyze, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, resolve technical problems, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business and our Services;
- To comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- For analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
B. Sharing Your Information
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as manage databases, perform analyses, grant administration, collection of donations, send surveys, provide customer service, or send communications for us by email, text message or other means). These third-party service providers are responsible for keeping your Information confidential and are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In limited instances, third-party services providers may obtain authorization from us to use Information in order to provide their services (i.e, usage analysis and product development), but not for marketing purposes.
- Third-Party Partners. We may share your Information with third-party partners to perform our Services, if you opt in to a third-party partner’s service via SkillUp, or to help facilitate connections with a local intermediary service (i.e., workforce organizations), such as name, email, phone, and zip code. See a list of our current partners here: https://www.skillup.org/partners/. Also, we may receive and review click data (i.e., attribution information) to track when you opt-in to a partner’s services only. Our third-party partners are responsible for keeping your Information confidential and are authorized to use your Information only as necessary. We do not share personal Information collected on our Website with third-party partners for their marketing purposes. We may provide personal Information to or permit access to personal Information for the purpose of processing personal Information on our behalf or where such access is related to their assisting us or when you have opted into a third-party’s service via SkillUp. SkillUp does not otherwise share personal Information about our Website users with third party partners unless doing so is appropriate to carry out a user’s request or it reasonably believes that doing so is legally required or is in SkillUp’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others.
- Aggregated and De-identified Information. In some instances, we may make changes to your Information (by aggregating, anonymizing and/or de-identifying) so that such Information can no longer be linked to you. We may use aggregated, de-identified or anonymized Information internally (for any purpose, including without limitation for analysis and research), and we may share this Information with our third-party partners at our discretion. Also, we may obtain de-identified data from third parties for potential collaboration purposes or for analysis and research.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice in certain circumstances:
- when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process;
- to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit;
- to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information);
- to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the website Service users;
- to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and
- to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- Change in Business (i.e., Business Transfers). Your Information may be transferred, sold, or otherwise conveyed to a third party. This may occur if we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all our assets; (iii) go bankrupt (i.e., adjudicated bankrupt); or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganized. You agree to any and all such transferred, sold, or other conveyances of your Information.
- Online Communications and Video Recordings. We may decide to allow users to voluntarily share comments, participate in surveys, provide testimonials or reviews or other information. If you choose to provide such Information to us, the Information that you submit may be available generally to the public and will not be returned to you unless we receive such a request. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Additionally, with your consent, we may share video recordings from our coaching sessions (individual and group sessions) on platforms such as Instagram and YouTube. If you do not want SkillUp to use the recording in the future, you can opt out by contacting us.
III. Links To Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including links to third-party resources and third-party training providers. (See list of current resources here: https://www.skillup.org/resources/ and https://skillup.outsetcareers.com/outset/careers/all). These may also include links to Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Third-party links may redirect you off our website away from our Services to other websites for information or other services.
IV. How Will We Contact You?
You agree that we and/or our third-party service providers and partners with whom we collaborate and contract, may communicate with you regarding our Services via electronic messages, including email, text message, or mobile push notification to, for example, send you information relating to our products and Services that we think may be of interest to you and communicate with you about our offerings. See What Are Your Choices, below, for how you can update the way we contact you.
V. What Are Your Choices?
- Email. On our Website, you may sign up to receive email messages from SkillUp or third-party service providers on behalf of SkillUp. If you do not want to receive emails from us, you may simply click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt out of future email communications or see the How to Contact Us section of this Policy.
- Text Messages. On our Website, you may sign up to receive text messages from SkillUp or third-party service providers on behalf of SkillUp. By signing up for text messaging services or otherwise opting in to receive text messages (opting in via short code or entering your phone number into an on-site collection widget), you agree that you have provided SkillUp, our partners, or our third-party service providers with prior express written consent to be contacted by text message, including recurring automated promotional and personalized text messages before we contact you. These text messages may include recurring automated promotional and personalized text messages. Your consent is not a condition of any our Services and your consent to be contacted as described is voluntary. The number of text messages you receive may vary based upon the text messaging service(s) you sign up for. Message and data rates may apply. If you no longer want to receive text messages from us, reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) in the text message or by contacting us.
- Video Recordings. Our coaching sessions (individual or group) may be recorded (via platforms such as Zoom and Instagram). In signing up to participate in our coaching sessions, you will be asked to opt-in to these recordings. You will also be given notice of the recording and the purpose for the recording and its intended use (i.e., SkillUp’s marketing and research purposes) prior to the beginning of our coaching sessions. If you do not want SkillUp to use the recording in the future, you can opt out by contacting us.
- Do Not Track: We do not track our visitors across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your internet browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
VI. How Do We Protect Your Information?
The security of your Information is important to us. We strive to use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Services. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
So, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention (i.e., workarounds) of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
VII. How Do We Store Your Information?
We store and maintain your Information for the purposes for which it is processed by us. The length of time for which we retain Information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
VIII. What About Accessing, Correcting, Or Deleting Your Information?
To the extent certain state laws provide users with certain data subject rights, those rights may be honored by SkillUp following proper authentication and verification. Please see the How to Contact Us section below to get in touch with us.
IX. International Users
Our website is targeted to individuals located in the United States and our Services are operated in the United States. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge and understand that it may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. Please be aware that the United States is a jurisdiction with privacy laws that may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
If you live outside the United States, including in the EEA, please note that SkillUp does not offer Services to individuals located outside the United States.
X. No Children’s Information
Our Services are targeted to adults (i.e., those age 18 or older) and are not intended for or targeted toward children. We do not knowingly collect any personal Information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of that child’s parent or guardian. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
XI. How To Contact Us
For privacy related questions or requests, or if you want more information, contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
548 Market St
San Francisco, California 94104-5401