Production Worker – 2nd, 3rd and overnight shifts
10 open roles
We have an excellent opportunity for a self-starter ready to jumpstart their career as a Material Handler on 2nd shift at our Cleveland West facility. This individual will be cross trained to perform multiple tasks throughout the day to ensure safe and quality production. You may be responsible for packaging, setting up & assisting with machine operation, and moving materials are responsible for moving material around the plant with a forklift and/or crane for production to run smoothly. In addition, a Material Handler may package/band material, weigh, load/unload material from machines and stage material and setting up machines for running.
This position will complete orientation & training on 1st shift (6am to 2pm M-F / 5am to 3pm M-Th) and move to 2nd shift (2 to 10pm M-F / 3pm to 1am M-Th) when complete.
- Moves material around plant using a forklift and/or crane for producing, finishing, packaging, or shipping the customer product.
- Moves and stages material as scheduled for optimum machine efficiency.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Follows bill of material to match product with proper packaging and skidding.
- Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine operation.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when necessary.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
If you’re still wondering why you should join our team, here’s a quick list of reasons:
- We have on the job training, so no manufacturing experience is required.
- You get access to our comprehensive benefits package on day 1.
- We are a profit-sharing company; you see your hard work pay off.
- Need a haircut? We’ve got a barbershop on-site.
- Want to get a quick work-out in? We’ve got an on-site fitness center and gym.
- Our pay is competitive; overtime is paid at time and a half and double time starts after 48 hours
We provide learning opportunities!
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for several hours
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems – detect defects
- Must be able to read and follow detailed instructions on productions
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Forklift and crane license a plus