HR Onboarding Specialist
The HR Onboarding Specialist will work closely with HR Managers, Assistant Directors, and Program Managers to provide support in scheduling applicants and processing and Onboarding new hires.
"Why Work at YAI:
If you want a career supporting others and building a more inclusive community, YAI is the place for you.
YAI supports employees to achieve their goals, both professionally and personally, which is why we offer flexible schedules, generous time off, and monetary and resource programs such as medical insurance, parental leave, matching retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts, among others.
Many of our employees attend school and care for family members, and we understand the need for flexibility and support in balancing the work-life relationship. We offer full-time, part-time, and Per Diem positions, to best fit our employees' scheduling needs.
Training and Development:
Whether you have worked in human services for 20 years or are new to the field, YAI prepares you with training at every stage, from entry-level positions to senior management. In 2018, YAI created a training program in conjunction with Rutgers University to provide advanced manager and leadership training.
In addition to tuition reimbursement, YAI has partnerships with numerous schools, which offer our staff (and their immediate family members) up to a 30% tuition discounts.
- YAI offers full-time employees medical insurance with the opportunity to buy into family plans and more extensive medical plans.
- YAI offers full-time employees dental insurance with the opportunity to buy into family plans and more extensive dental plans.
- YAI provides Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance can be purchased as well.
Voluntary vision coverage is available for eligible employees to purchase at affordable group rates.
- YAI employees can elect to contribute on a pre-tax or post-tax (Roth) basis toward a 403(b) retirement plan. YAI also offers a company matching program!
- YAI offers a generous amount of paid vacation to eligible full-time and part-time staff.
- YAI offers a generous amount of paid sick time to eligible full-time, part-time, and Per Diem staff.
- YAI offers paid leave to parents of newly adopted, birthed, or fostered children.
- Tuition Reimbursement: 16+ regularly scheduled weekly hours, effective after 90 days, up to $500 per semester ($1,500 per year max). Pre-approval necessary. Our staff are eligible for tuition discounts from Monroe College( 20%) Adelphi University (25%), and Berkeley College (30%).
- The YAI network is a not-for-profit organization and a qualifying employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
- The Commuter Spending Account allows employees to set aside funds on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualified work related parking and mass transit expenses.
- All employees have access to a third party EAP which provides Counseling, Financial and Legal Consultation, and Child/Elder Care Referrals at no cost.
- YAI has agreements/partnerships which provide discounts to our staff, including on vacation and travel, cell phone services, gym membership, household, fashion, and more!
Starting a career at YAI as an Onboarding Specialist has many advantages in terms of the opportunities for career growth within our organization. This is due to the fact that the Onboarding Specialist will work closely with HR Managers, Assistant Directors, and Program Managers in their day-to-day work, while also supporting the hiring of persons at all levels throughout the organization. A motivated person in this position will be able to create opportunities for themselves to take on additional roles and projects within the HR Department and therefore create opportunities for promotion into mid-level HR roles, and beyond.
Many of our current HR Onboarders are in school studying HR. YAI offers tuition reimbursement as well as has partnerships with various schools which provide our staff with tuition discounts.
YAI prides itself on the quality of our training department which offers a variety of in-person and online trainings in the I/DD field. Topics range from how to support people with I/DD through grief to how to apply person-centered thinking in every aspect of an individual’s life.
High School Diploma or GED